Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pride


I made a decision one day; the first and biggest I had in several years.

I decided to be more like my drawings.

Confidence.

Zero hesitation.

No regrets.

To bring depth to the simplest materials was my goal. A dirty bit of charcoal and crumpled paper could bring the coldest critic to his knees when handled at its best.

Motivation is absolutely key. As artists, we have already chosen the hard road of supposed elitists. But it's not about being the best. It's about being your best. Damn anyone who tells you otherwise. If it's important to you than that's all you need to set you on your way. But don't let it stagnate. Use it to improve, to learn, to love, to live. Fight for it tooth and nail.

Chin up.

Chest out.

It's not enough to reach for the stars. Grab the sun, and if it burns, endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment