Saturday, April 4, 2009

Margin Stories - Ethan

I mentioned before that I had a habit of doodling scenes of stories I've made up on the sides of my homework, so I thought it would be funny to share them here once in awhile. I've already shown off Tree Lady's evolution, so here I present Ethan, the formerly unnamed hero of the Nyx saga.


Ethan, a shy quiet boy, is on a journey to rescue his older sister's soul by slipping into the dreamscape of Nyx, the land between life and death. In the background are the antagonist and Ethan's guide, both equally insane. Most of the time I just like to draw Ethan meeting a few residents of Nyx: scary monsters, surreal animals, pirate teddy bears, and whatnot. He's a fun way to bounce off expressions, even if it's usually fear or confusion.

This particular drawing I was trying out an actual illustration sort of look, like what I might put on the cover of a comic or something. But as you can see, I got lazy with the digital coloring because colors just aren't my thing. And since those profiles are bothering the hell out of me, I might attempt to update this drawing now that I have a better feel of a pencil...

Ethan's story actually has a second part, but I haven't figured out enough of it yet to draw it properly. Hopefully it'll be easier to flesh out now that he has a proper name.

No comments:

Post a Comment