Saturday, July 3, 2010

One Percent

"Just hold the image in your head and-!"

There's a story I really like about a goodhearted young man who is often mistaken for a rich and cultured heir, but he and his family are actually very poor. They often eat plain rice for meals, but to cope with it in a fun way, they imagine what food they would like to eat really hard then take a bite.

I like to think I do the same thing with art. Every adventure I've had, every book I've read, every piece of music that has ever moved me. I keep them close to my heart, right beside all the artists I admire.

So when it's time to draw, I recall all those things, hold them tightly, and then-!


If I can even put out 1% of the feeling stored away, it'll be worth it. So I keep drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment