Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Space

My work area on a good day. Given the amount of drawing, painting, and sugar work I've been doing to get away from my job stress, I can assure you it does not look like that now.

General organization:
  • Inspiration and unfinished pieces go on the wall where I can see them.
  • "Finished" work and things I don't want to look at anymore go in the corner on the floor.
  • Underneath the desk on the right is a box of magazine clippings, fabric swatches, and other knick-knacks I hold onto for future inspiration and reference.
  • Under and on the left is a pile of old sketchbooks I thumb through for recycling ideas.
Not shown: in the basement, I have a gallery of early work that covers the entire walls, including a wall of just self portraits. Everything there is too rough to do much with now, but too nostalgic to just roll up and put away. So everything just hangs there like a forgotten ode to the beginning.

Just looking at this photo reminds me that I need to glue my dragon head back together and catch up on my embroidery. Art keeps me busy, but at least it's the kind that cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment