Sunday, November 8, 2009

Music Blend - Kishidan



It sparkles down, the desktop was our stage
Those jewel like days are unending
I tell my fellow students (all right) to shout from their chests

"Too fast to live, too young to die!"

This band.

It is my favorite band.

Kishidan is Japanese "yankee" rock band. "Yankee" in this case means a delinquent youth often in the style of greasers in the 50's, complete with pompadour, leather jackets, and motorcycles. They somehow manage to have an endearingly dorky (and occasionally embarrassing) stage presence but at the same time remain completely sincere and heartfelt about their music. I think that combination really moved me and made me into a loving fan.



I could go into a lot of other reasons why I like them so much, (like coming-of-age nostalgia, burning spirit, goofy dances, awesome hair, and a loving disregard to a dignified image...) but really it's because they are fun. I want to be friends with them and hope they have all the good things life has to offer.

Long story short, they are silly and I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment