Friday, June 26, 2009

Pins and Needles


Something unusual from me: a sculpture, done almost exactly a year ago as the last project of 3D Design. The assignment was to build an object (preferably clothing, if I remember right) from smaller objects.

I am secretly amused of terrible puns, so I decided to walk on pins and needles.

There are over 200 needles woven into the wire-mesh sole. The safety pins were superglued into form, one-by-one, with reluctant patience.

Originally, I was going to build a sister piece to it out of eggshells, but I had a hard time remembering not to throw them away.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should do the eggshell one now, it would intresting showing them together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should... I've been needing to do more art lately anyway.

    ReplyDelete